Sunday 16 November 2008

Spot the Firecrest!


At 3pm today I was home for about ten minutes and just happened to see what birds were about at the bottom of our garden. A crest popped up in a bush just the other side of the dividing wall between our garden and East Riddlesden Hall. I got my bins on it to discover it had the black and white head markings of a Firecrest and the bronze shoulder patch showed well in the afternoon sun. Once I'd seen these features I reached for my camera and proceeded to take several images of the foliage where the Firecrest had just flitted from. The image in this posting is the only one where the Firecrest was actually captured. Not the best image I'd admit, but could you get one of a Firecrest where none of the ID features were actually visible as good as this?
Mark


No comments: