Sunday 26 April 2009

Members Only Reserve, Redcar Tarn & Stockbridge

Members Only Reserve:
As I got there it seemed like a BOG outing,
with three other members already present.

All my pictures are uncropped & as taken.
A lot of birds around today, but the bright sun
& wind made photography interesting.
Redshank kept appearing & dissapearing but
I managed a quick snap of this one.

-----------------------------------------------

Mipits around all over the place - Here's one
that was as interested in me as I was in it!


& what it was lunching on!

-------------------------------------------------

I had pointed out I spotted a Dulin over here & one
of the other members looked & said I can see sandpiper?
I looked & the Dunlin Had become a Common Sandpiper.

Later I realised the birds were dissapearing in
the large holes between the reservoir brickwork.
Can you see the hidden Redshank?

------------------------------------------------
I said I saw Dunlin!
As I left the hide This next little fella was heading
towards me. I chose to stay visible at the wall &
it was quite content to approach me. After a few
piccies I moved down a bit & got some great shots
of it parrallel to me. Every time I moved away - It
followed me down the reservoir? Well I am not going to
pass up that kind of oppertunity. It even did a
Basil Fawlty walk for me!





----------------------------------------------
Sometimes Identification can be interesting:
My new species! from Redcar Tarn.
I call it a "Ring Billed Black Back" lol.


----------------------------------------------
Stockbridge:
Lazy Pheasant that sat down to eat under
Stockbridge bird table.

I don't know how they see where they are going?
One of the Tits building a nest at Stockbridge.


Hope you find these interesting.
Also I would welcome any further info on the Gull?

1 comment:

Dave Barker said...

Hi Barry
Your gull is a Lesser black-backed Gull, the dark subterminal band is a sign of immaturity, probably a forth year bird or even older as the legs appear very yellow but without seeing the rest of the plumage, especially the uppers this is uncertain. The snap may possibly be a bit under exposed which doesent help with the colour / tone of the grey uppers and legs but from what I can see the race appears to be graellsii. Good you managed to snap the Dunlin.... fine work!

Dave